POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rock The Boat (Final) : Re: Rock The Boat (Final) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rock The Boat (Final)
From: Eriban
Date: 13 Jul 2009 14:05:00
Message: <web.4a5b76fdcf72cd1781475b100@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:

> > I just posted the wake-wave making code to p.b.s-f.
>
> Excellent! Thank you very much indeed. I am going to study your code
> seriously. It seems to exactly cover my needs. I shall report back in due
> time.

I hope it is all sufficiently self-explanatory. One thing to keep in mind is
that although I looked at several images of wakes, read written material about
it and closely watched ducks swim before creating this code, in the end the
formulas are not based on real-world physics. They're just functions that can
produce something that is visually close to actual wake waves. Functions that
can be tweaked to produce an assymetrical wake as well. If you dive into the
code, you'll probably see that the waves are constructed in a bottom-up
fashion, which hopefully helps you to understand what is happening.

Cheers,
Erwin